Wednesday, December 1, 2010

D for Defend

After the November elections, the Democrats faced a huge defeat by the Republican Party. The victory slogan by the Republicans was "D for Defeat." With this huge victory by the Republicans, it seems there is very little power for the Democrats in the upcoming Legislation. It's mind bothering why so many independent voters would swing with the Republicans during at a time when our local economy was not affected by the last recession. Overall, the Democrats are left powerless in the House, yet remain hopeful in the Senate if the two-thirds rule is not changed. In the Senate, Republicans hold 19 of 31 seats but do not have 2/3 power. If the 2/3 rule changes, this gives the Republican Party absolute power and leaves the Democrats powerless. The Republican Party for 2011 has the scalp positioned to eliminate jobs, pubic education, and health benefits for the needy people. This would be an absolute blow. That is why the Democrats should stand strongly together and help defend their moral beliefs the people they represent. I firmly believe the Republican Party should change their mascot of the elephant with image of the "Raptor." This is only my opinion. I would not bow down to any Republican nor would I walk away because of a defeat, but, I would extend my hand to them to find some possible solutions to our current crisis. I would encourage my fellow Democrats to stand together and defend the people they represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment